Grilled Mushrooms And Shrimp A La Grecque
Lemony grilled mushrooms and shrimp make a quick, delicious meal
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 oz fresh white mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 medium red onion cut in 8 wedges
- 4 pitas warmed
- Preheat outdoor grill or broiler.
- In a large bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms, zucchini and red onion; gently toss until coated.
- Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place vegetables and shrimp on a vegetable grilling rack or a rack in a broiler pan.
- Grill or broil no more than 6 inches from heat source until vegetables and shrimp are just cooked, about 8 minutes, stirring and brushing occasionally with remaining marinade.
- Serve on pita bread with plain yogurt and chopped cucumber, if desired.
Anytime you're grilling, remember that fresh mushrooms are perfect partners for all sorts of grilling favorites, including beef, seafood and vegetables. In addition to flavor, mushrooms pack a surprising amount of nutrition, contributing to our daily intake of riboflavin, niacin and selenium, with only 20 calories per serving and almost no fat.